A consulting firm recently has published a survey from a group of Apple iPhone cell phone users. The name of the firm is Rubicon Consulting. The report is quite long but here at TheMacWizard.com we have made it easier to understand. Check out the stats, you might be surprised at what you see.
- 1 out of 5 iPhones were purchased as a gift.
- Nearly half of the owners changed their carrier
- 1 out of 10 users reported “hand pain” after use
- 80% of iPhone onwers said they were “satisfied” with the device
- 40% of those that switched, switched from a smartphone cell phone
- 13% of iPhone owners surveyed have unlocked iPhones
- 55% said that the iPhone has increased their mobile browsing
- 33% of iPhone owners carry 2 cell phones
- 72% used the iPhone at least once a day for e-mail
Half of the iPhone users surveyed are under 30 years of age. Only 20% of users had both an iPod and Mac while only 5% had a Mac and no iPod. Students accounted for 16% of iPhone usage. The most requested new feature are new software applications and Exchange support. iPhone users are paying more on their monthly wireless bill. The survey showed that an average cell phone bill before an iPhone was around $78 per month and after was around $97 per month. Via Macrumors.